Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Shades of Gray

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty stoked on this “shades of gray” trend. Most of what's in my closet is already black, white, or something in between, and layering on the shades of gray in the morning sounds like my cup of tea. What could be easier? You don't even have to match or
coordinate your colors, and I love layering because it helps me stay cozy in my freezing cold office (and while I'm standing at the bus stop in 20 degree weather!). Dressing in shades of gray may be easy, but it could get boring in a hurry. That's why it's essential to pair this trend with some fun, eye-catching accessories. Throw on a berry-colored scarf, add a metallic belt, grab a gold-tone clutch, or put on some trendy, glittery pumps. Colorful jewelry can also kick your style up a notch. Berry colors are popular right now, and they look terrific with your gray outfit (I like to think of it as a blank canvas).

Try a brooch, a statement necklace, or maybe a big cuff to attract a little extra attention to your fabulous fashion sense. Pictured: Tory Burch Metallic Clutch, $395 atNordstrom.com, Dreamsacks Pashbu Bamboo Scarf (it's sustainable and so soft!), $28 at Four Eighteen, (970) 349-1415, and Stone Wrapped Hoop Earrings from Stella & Dot, $69 at www.stelladot.com/sites/paris.


No comments:

Post a Comment